Supplies for Returning to Campus – Related to COVID-19
Over the past few months, many safety and cleaning products have been delayed or are unavailable through regular Vendors. Procurement is working hard to secure the supply of essential products using a centralized approach to ensure security of supply and control of price.
All personnel must follow Western’s rules when purchasing items. The rules cover:
• What can be purchased with state funds (controlled and prohibited items),
• Who can approve purchases,
• Which purchasing methods may be used,
• Shipping location restrictions,
• Purchase recipient duties,
• Which purchases need prior approval,
• Rules for reimbursements,
• Ethical considerations.
Please review Western's Purchasing policies, standards, and procedures (specifically: STN U5348.01B Controlled and Prohibited Purchases Policy).
Questions? Please contact Purchasing at Purchasing.Department@wwu.edu
If you are aware of any unethical or misuse of funds in the purchasing process, you are expected to report those concerns to Chief of Procurement, Internal Audit, or the University Compliance Manager.