Please take a moment to review a few important items:
- International Visa Requirements
- Carefully review Travel Advisories before traveling and comply with them.
- Register online with the State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) in order for the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate to better assist you in an emergency.
- Strongly recommended: add your trip to Western’s optional Travel Registry so we can contact you in an emergency.
- Travelers are required to report to the institution when arriving from a travel health warning area or a pandemic influenza affected area. See Western's Health Policies for more information.
- If you are traveling on a Western faculty‐led study abroad program, please consult the Global Learning Programs Safety Toolkit
- Foreign travelers must review and comply with the WWU Travel Policy: Traveling Outside of the US before traveling for the purposes of:
- Faculty‐led study abroad programs
- Study abroad programs ‐ foreign institutions, study centers, outside contractors or affiliates
- Student exchange programs with a foreign institution
- Students doing independent study abroad, including internships