Air Travel

University Travel & COVID-19: Please see current CDC Travel Guidelines.

Arranging Airfare

Travelers must have an approved Travel Authorization/Request before making any arrangements.

It's recommended that airfare be booked via the Concur Travel Tab, supported by Christopherson Business Travel. Booking with CBT ensures access to discounted contracted rates, electronic itineraries, links rewards programs and leverages agent support for any trip changes or complications.

Contact and Pricing Information for Christopherson Business Travel Advisors

800-285-3603  |


Online Booking Car/Hotel $5
Online Booking Domestic/International Tickets $9
Full Service Car/Hotel $15
Full Service Domestic Tickets


Full Service International Tickets $33

Contact and Pricing for Direct Travel

Jeanne Kick: 425-275-4214 | 1-888-633-5344

Domestic Tickets


International Tickets $40


Airfare may also be booked directly through an airline or third party booking sites.

Airfare purchased with a personal credit card cannot be reimbursed until after your trip.

Preferred purchase method - OneCard/Department Card

Must have approved Travel Authorization/Request before booking.

  • Contact your department administrator for card availability
  • Recommended booking via Concur Travel tab
  • No reimbursement necessary when using OneCard/PCard

Airfare with personal credit card

Must have approved travel authorization/Request before booking

  • Recommended booking via Concur Travel tab
  • Cannot be reimbursed until after trip

Mixing Business and Personal Travel

If a traveler would like to add vacation or other personal use onto a legitimate business trip, it is allowed when all of the following conditions are met:

  • The primary purpose of the trip is official state business;
  • The traveler uses, where necessary, his or her approved leave for the vacation or personal part of the trip; and
  • The state agency does not incur any extra expenses beyond what it would normally incur had the trip occurred without any personal use coupled to the trip.

Personal days should be noted in the authorization and reimbursement documents.  

  • Flight quotes must be provided reflecting the business travel itinerary and must be obtained on the date of purchase for the actual flight. 
  • Enterprise car rentals must be split.  The state contract rates may only be used for business dates.
  • Parking and other expenses must be prorated

Fly America Act

The Fly America Act mandates the use of U.S. certificated air carriers for federally funded international travel.

Learn More on the GSA site here.

Fly American Act chart
*For more information contact GSA Directly at

WWU Employees can get a 20% Discount Parking near SeaTac for Business Travel

For exclusive Western Washington University benefits and discounts: make a reservation at WallyPark SeaTac Parking Portal to redeem your discounted rate after signing up, or give the cashier your Western ID at the time of payment and tell them you have a corporate discount.
You will be given a WallyClub card upon checkout which must be registered online.
After you register your card, go to the corporate info section on the left and select your company name from the account drop down. This ties the WWU discount to your card.