Air Travel - Concur
Western is in the process of transitioning from TEM to Concur for Employee Travel and Expense Management. Please see our Concur Updates page for more information.
Travelers must have an approved TA before making any arrangements.
Airfare can be purchased via a Travel Agency, directly through an airline, or through any 3rd party booking sites.
Airfare purchased with a personal credit card cannot be reimbursed until after your trip.
If airfare is purchased using a Western Corporate Travel Card, that expense can be reimbursed before travel.
How will you pay?
Airfare with Approved Travel Agencies
Travelers must have approved TA first before contacting one of the approved Agencies below. Beginning April 1st, local agencies will require a OneCard or Department Travel Card for direct billing.
Airfare with OneCard or Department Travel Card
Must have approved TA first.
- Can purchase from any site
- Paid Direct so no reimbursement is necessary
Airfare with personal credit card
Must have approved TA first
- Can also purchase from any site
- Cannot be reimbursed until after your trip
Mixing Business and Personal Travel
If a traveler would like to add vacation or other personal use onto a legitimate business trip, it is allowed when all of the following conditions are met:
- The primary purpose of the trip is official state business;
- The traveler uses, where necessary, his or her approved leave for the vacation or personal part of the trip; and
- The state agency does not incur any extra expenses beyond what it would normally incur had the trip occurred without any personal use coupled to the trip.
Personal days should be noted in the authorization and reimbursement documents.
- Flight quotes must be provided reflecting the business travel itinerary and must be obtained on the date of purchase for the actual flight.
- Enterprise car rentals must be split. The state contract rates may only be used for business dates.
- Parking and other expenses must be prorated
WWU Employees can get a 20% Discount Parking near SeaTac for Business Travel
For exclusive Western Washington University benefits and discounts you must first Sign Up. Once signed up for the program:
Make a reservation at WWU WallyPark SeaTac Parking Portal to redeem your discounted rate after signing up or give the cashier your business card or Western ID at the time of payment and tell them you have a corporate discount.
You will be given a WallyClub card upon checkout which must be registered online.
After you register your card, go to the corporate info section on the left and select your company name from the account drop down. This is ties the WWU discount to your card.