Ground Transportation - Concur
Western is in the process of transitioning from TEM to Concur for Employee Travel and Expense Management. Please see our Concur Updates page for more information.
Please review the Required Basic Driver Safety Program before driving a vehicle on behalf of WWU for Official University Business.
If you are driving any vehicle on University business, you are required to have completed the Basic Driver Safety Course.
Washington State Policy encourages all travelers to use the most economical means of travel. Western encourages all travelers to compare the cost of personal vehicle, rental vehicle, train/bus/etc. to find the most cost-efficient option.
Using Your Personal Car for Business Travel
- If you drive your own car on University business, you are reimbursed the applicable rate for each mile driven.
- Compute mileage using Google Maps or use your actual odometer readings.
- The Miles in the Travel System are referred to as “Units”.
- You are responsible for your own car insurance. If you are in an accident, your insurance is the primary coverage.
- The 2020 Personal Car Mileage Rate is: $0.575 per mile
Enterprise Car Rental Contract
**See Enterprise Reservation Instructions Below**
Western recommends the following shuttles:
Western Washington University has partnered with Zipcar to bring self-service, on-demand car sharing to the area.
Learn more and get started at zipcar.com/wwu.
To use Zipcars
- Simply register as a member,
- Reserve a car online or by phone,
- Use your Zipcard to enter the car, and drive away.
- When you’re done, return the car to the same location where you picked it up.
- Use your Zipcard to lock the car.